Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[76 / 17 / ?]

Human-Pokemon relationships

No.13049215 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Janitors, before you auto-delete this, please know that my intention is for calm discussion, not smut. If it devolves into 'omg Lucario's ass', though, I'd be quite happy for you to ditch it.

Okay, /vp/. I've been thinking.

I've always been opposed to the idea of humans and Pokemon on romantic (or more) relationships. It wasn't actually until I was reading summaries for movies I haven't watched yet (specifically, Lucario and the Mystery of Mew) that I started thinking - there are many Pokemon that are highly intelligent, and those that can communicate freely.

For instance, in the aforementioned movie, Lucario can communicate freely, appears to be an adult, and his most significant relationship is with a human (and vice versa). I found myself thinking that I'd probably ship him and Sir Aaron a lot, had he been human, then caught myself. I've shipped humans and intelligent aliens before. Why would a Pokemon be any different, if they're an adult, capable of communication, and able to give informed consent? In other words, why was I so adamantly opposed to the idea when I've shipped similar relationships in other media?

(Continuing this below, otherwise it's a bit too long.)