Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[9 / 1 / ?]

No.13322681 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
this might really make the game cooler in the end, but i've got to say i hate this change right now.

i hate buzzwords like "overdesigned" and "edgy," but look at these motherfuckers. i guess there's at least a point to the megas being overdesigned, since they're megas. ok, sure.
as a 24 year old who started at gen 1 and played every gen, currently just rebeat diamond and replaying ruby and black, and soulsilver for the first time, AND ALSO CURRENTLY WATCHING DIGIMON SINCE IT'S ON NETFLIX INSTAWATCH NOW, this is some digimon shit. as a tremendous, defensive autist, i really hated when people would compare the two (i liked both as a kid, but not much for digimon past the first series, since it didn't have an incredible game franchise keeping me interested), but this is such a huge departure from what pokemon has always been... and i love the addition of fairy type, and really everything that they've shown from gen 6 so far (except the new fisher price battle menu, which isn't a big deal). this is not nostalgia preventing me from liking this, this is just some digimon-ass shit.
>add new form
>it's even called "mega," the final level in digimon
>stick a bunch more shit on them
this screams digimon.
mew2 and ampharos look meh at best (well, amph is kind of funny....), and the other 3 (and probably mawile) look absolutely edgy as fuck. i hated that word because it doesn't really describe many pokemon, but now it does.
>blaziken and lucario's extra streaming capes!
>mawile is purple now, with TWO, super-SPOOKIER mouths!
>bonus spikes for lucario!
>frills, frills everywhere!
>absol's
>fucking
>hair!!!
i feel like these need to be written with exclamation marks like gamefreak is begging us to get hype. i just... don't know about this.

i'll say again, it's VERY possible that this will make pokemon more interesting in gen 6 and in the long run in general, but it's just too digimon for me right now.
source: watching S1E14 of digimon right fucking now.