Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[14 / 2 / ?]

Biggest Generational Leap?

No.13353864 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
What with all the hoopla over the reveal of Fairy type, "Mewthree" and Mega Evos, I got to wondering whether Gen 6 was the greatest or most bold leap in the history of Pokemon.

I mean, think about it. Discounting new region/Pokemon (and basic graphical updates, like the color from RBY to GSC) as it is a given, each Gen has brought:

Gen 2: Genders, Breeding, Shinies, Happiness, Cross-Gen Evo/Pre-evos, Special Split, Steel type, Dark type, Pokegear/Nav/tch useful thingy, trainer rematches, the basic concept of a battling facility (The Tower), animated sprites

Gen 3: IV/EV, Abilities, Natures, Formes, double battles, non-battling competition (Contests/Musical/Pokewood style shit) the concept of remakes, and trumpets

I can't remember if Gen 3 or 4 brought online trading/battling first. Probably 4.

Gen 4: Gender differences, Special/Attack split

Gen 5: Triple battles, non-Japanese inspired region, Wottergate

Gen 6: Full 3D, trainer customization, Mega Evos, Sky battles, simultaneous release, language options on the cart, Fairy type, DIAGONAL MOVEMENT, Horde battles

I know I'm probably forgetting a bunch of stuff. It would seem Gen2 was the biggest leap forward, but considering most of it's innovations were necessary, which one was really the boldest?

Pic unrelated.