Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[55 / 2 / ?]

No.13642396 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Recently I've decided that Game Freak aren't releasing the kind of Pokemon game that I want to play. Rather than complain I'm making a hack of Pokemon Emerald that implements my ideas. First of these is that the Pokemon Center does not heal you. Instead, you have to buy ethers and revives and your success is entirely contingent on preserving your Pokemon's vitality. In a subsequent cycle of investment (healing and training) and reward (in-battle victory and cash) the player acquires a greater sense of agency and fulfilment. Second is the eradication of the static trainer principle. My system will have trainers move around the map according to a routine, which would consider things like environmental suitability and time of day. I want day and night trainers that, when they aren't battling, live in the cities where you can register them. They get stronger with each badge obtained and you get the sense of there being competition for the title of champion. My third objective, which I've already worked on somewhat, is an overworld that has no blank spaces, unique overworld item sprites and HM animations, and a day and night system. Because what I've expressed interest in changing are staples I don't expect official change, but would /vp/ be interested in playing my game? (pic is Forina, which I made west of Fallarbor to contain Jirachi. I'm planning on changing some of the stairs to rock climb walls which you can only climb with the help of a local Zangoose.