Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[112 / 7 / ?]

No.13728993 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Heart Gold/Soul Silver fixed most of GSC's problems, although the one problem that they didn't apparently fix is the level curve. Recently I decided to start a new game and choose 6 Pokemon I had never used before. I also decided that I wouldn't grind at all, so I would see how fucked up the level curve really is.

Yesterday I managed to beat the E4. The level curve wasn't a problem and my team of sub-level 40 Pokemon beat them. The level curve in this game is fine as it is, since you're allowed to use items. The only trainer who gave me trouble was Lance, but I just saved in front of him and reset whenever I lost (like I used to do when I was younger). I can honestly say that I've never had this much fun in a Pokemon game since I was a kid. I'm currently journeying through Kanto and so far the trainers aren't giving me a problem.

So the point of this thread is two-fold:
1) Other than the fact that you can't buy coins in the Game Corner, is there any flaws with HG/SS?
2) Why do you grind in a kid's game when you're perfectly capable of completing it without grinding?