Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[76 / 17 / ?]

CHANGES IN THE COMPETITIVE SPECTRUM

No.13759470 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Alright guies, this thread is for people to post how they think the competitive spectrum is going to change over all after all the current information that has been given. Anyone looking to troll or fuck around can leave.

NOTE: I'm doing this stuff based of of smogons current rules and tier listings, because I'm pretty sure that's what most people use.

Alright so I'll give my thoughts first:
1: Gengar
Gengar is going to be one of the most used pokemon within all of ou, and might even be moved up to ubers. Because it was confirmed that fairy is weak to poison, gengar is going to be rocking that STAB sludge bomb, and because it also has access to STAB shadow ball, it gets a move that can hit steel types like magnizone and scizor for regular damage. And since it also gets access to thunderbolt and giga drain, it can nail almost everything in the tier for regular or super effective damage.

2: Scizor
Scizor is here to stay. Now that we have learned that fairy is weak to steel, stab technitan priority super effective bullet punch is going to abuse most fairy types. And because we haven't seen that many bulky fairies other than mega maywile and azumarril, Scizor is going to be another top fairy abuser.

Azumarill
Azumarill, like everyone has said, is obviously going to be OU this time around, and that is purely because of its fairy typing, which walls garchomp and moxie-mance button abuse 100%. However, the real question is will their be a strong physical fairy type attack? Based on what we have seen so far, I can't imagine one very well.