Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[85 / 13 / ?]

No.13794221 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I got a slim model DS for 20 bucks at a thrift shop three years ago and it came with the pokemon silver remake in the cartridge slot.

it pretty much got me back into pokemon after i lost interest in 2002 or so when it became "uncool" in school or whatever.

a year and a half ago i won a gift card and got the black version, its the first and only "modern" pokemon game I played and I'm not a hardcore fan or anything but i enjoyed it enough that I've kept an eye on X and Y versions when they were annoucned last january.

but my question is this:

Why in the fuck should I have to shell out 170 or more dollars in order to play the 7th iteration of a literally decade old handheld when the main "attraction" of these games are polygonal graphics that wouldn't have been impressive fifteen years ago on the Sega Dreamcast?

I'm not a graphics whore or I obviously wouldnt have even touched these games to begin with, but isn't it embarrassing that Gamefreak and Nintendo are tooting their horn with excitement over this when the system family was powerful enough to have a proper 3D game since launch in 2004 when the system launched with a Mario 64 remake.

Instead they sat on their hands making games that looked marginally better than GBA rpgs with occasional 3D gimmicks like that bridge in Black version, and now they want to go apeshit and make me buy a new system for auto-3D I'm not even going to use.

I'm not trolling at all, I just want an honest justification for this, because I think its grillshit.