Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[148 / 28 / ?]

The Winners and the Losers of X/Y.

No.13933128 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Winners: I'm going to start with an obvious one: Gengar. He can now run a proper Specs set without Focus Miss, because steels will choke on Shadow Ball and darks will go extinct (more on that later). His other STAB now also becomes useful for a sure OHKO on any so far revealed Fairy that dares to stand in its way. Defensively he also benefits, due to resisting Fairy. None of the changes affect him negatively as far as I can see.

Losers: Hydreigone. One of my favorite dragons unfortunately will be a thing of past next gen. Pretty much all of his good moves are resisted by Fairies (Draco Meteor, U-turn, Superpower, Dark Pulse...). Since one of his best advantages over other dragons, the Dark typing, is more of a curse in Gen 6 (Fairy weak and all that, and Psychics will suck now even more due to not benefiting in any way from the new changes, and being weak to the improved Ghost), his slow speed will reveal itself and lead to its demise. One saving grace, I guess, is that ghosts might become slightly more popular...

Your turn, /vp/.