Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
!!5r2ET3IUJcG
[202 / 18 / ?]

Hands On X/Y Information

!!5r2ET3IUJcG No.14027697 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
So, through some methods that aren't exactly legitimate (but aren't exactly blatantly illegal), I have actually played a bit of Pokemon Y. While I'm not going to leak everything I've encountered so far while playing about five hours in, there are some interesting tidbits I've come across which I haven't seen mentioned anywhere else.

- I don't want to spoil the New Pokemon, but I power-leveled Chespin to its final form and I can confirm it is indeed Grass/Dark. It is a seriously powerful looking Pokemon, reminds me of Golbez from FFIV, but its 'Dex Entry mentions how it's frightening appearance scares others despite being extremely friendly, so it seems that it's an "ironic" Dark Pokemon like Absol that's just misunderstood. Two early game Pokemon I've come across is a Bug/Water Spider with a giant eye and a single tear drooping from it, with its little feet resembling eyelashes, and a Normal/Fighting Koala with ears shaped like hands, which I can confirm is indeed the one seen in the trailer in the Daycare Center. I've also ran into what appears to be pre-evolutions of Noivern and "Orotto".

- There are truly a lot of Pokemon in this game, and going back through routes I've found myself running into different ones every-time I went through them it seemed. I've seen around 200 Pokemon and I only got to the Fifth Gym. The only Mega Pokemon I've encountered though is Mega Blaziken and Mega Mewtwo (Y) in a cutscene near the beginning, and Mega Mienshao which Korrina uses when you battle her. In the PokeDex though I've noticed certain Pokemon have an empty circular slot next to their name, and Mienshao has a colorful orb in the slot which clicking on allows me to view Mega Mienshao. Raichu, Golduck, Jynx, Octillery, Manetric, and Lopunny are all Pokemon I've encountered and see this slot, so I assume they have Mega Evolutions.