Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[57 / 3 / ?]

Pokemon Gen VI: The Gen that Fucked Up?

No.14131653 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
>Mega Evolutions of the old Pokemon
>Iconic Pokemon like Mewtwo and the starters get Mega Evolutions
>Really iconic Pokemon like Mewtwo and the starters get two Mega Evolutions
>Barely a peep about Gen 6 (besides the prehistoric Pokemon and some unique-typing Pokemon)

What does this all mean? Is Pokemon Company desperately trying to reel-in unsuspecting players with "muh nostalgia?" Are they prematurely apologizing for Gen VI? Or are they playing up on the fact that we still know dick about Kalos?

We know that there's a Ghost-Steel, some Pre-Historic Pokemon, Team 420Blaze Fag-Squad, some Pokemon that are usually forgotten (the Rattatas and Pidgeys of every generation), and the legendaries. We know a bit about the Kalos region and the beginning of the game, but not too much.

Personally, I think that, with the fact that the Japanese can't get their hands on this game first, like they usually do, and the inundation of spoiling of information pertaining to stuff not relevant to Gen VI are really culminating into some true mystery behind Kalos. Like, what the fuck is going on?

I like this sort of enigmatic approach to Gen VI, but at the same time, I'm surpressing the thought of a sad reality where the game is strictly focused on the Gen I starters and Mega Evolutions.

Thoughts?