Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[80 / 6 / ?]

No.14272245 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
IMHO, Gen VI could have easily been the best generation if it weren't for the lack of new Pokemon.

Don't get me wrong, I'm reserving judgement until I actually play the game, but unless there are somehow a lot more Pokemon that haven't been revealed somehow, that's inevitably going to be a dealbreaker for me.

I know not everyone places as much importance on the new batch of Pokemon as myself, but surely a lot of people do, and for good reason. Sure, each generation brings with it its new features, graphical and gameplay improvements, but it is largely the same game. This is not a criticism. It sticks to the same basic formula because it works. I wouldn't have it any other way.

But this means that a lot of what makes the game unique is the actual batch of Pokemon. It's obviously the biggest part. The main attraction. It's why I play these games, and despite all the beautiful animations, 3D gameplay, and other improvements, it's the core of the generation, at least for me. So, while everything else about Gen VI may be fantastic, if that core is lacking, it's a disappointment for me.

~70 Pokemon is not nearly enough, for so many reasons. I only use new Pokemon on my first playthrough. I just like my first experience to be completely new, and include at least 6 Pokemon I've never used before. For myself, and anyone else who does this (the majority, I believe), 70 is not nearly enough of a selection. Especially not with these types. In a new gen, I want at least a hundred. Not just to have options, but for the variety. I like seeing a lot of new additions. What a surprise, right? I like the Pokemon in my Pokemon games.