Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[34 / 10 / ?]

No.14291274 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Whatever happens, post-game legendaries or no, can we at least agree that the bar for Pokemon designs has been raised significantly since Gen V?

I mean, I like Gen V, but let's be honest. There were a lot of very strange designs, and more ugly ones than before. The whole generation had a whole separate fell that felt disconnected from what Pokemon is.

Hell, if you go back to Gen IV, almost every Pokemon associated with a previous one (meaning Magmortar, Lickylicky, etc.) was tubby and ugly. Again, I still like them to some degree, but they're dumpy as hell.

For as few as there are in X/Y, I think most would at least agree that we have very few ugly Pokes. And, while Megas aren't technically new Pokemon, they're a sight better than the ACTUAL evolutions we got in Gen IV. Besides, they might as well be fully formed Pokemon. New design, new stats and abilities and moves. Plus we've always had evolutions for past Pokemon, this is just a different way of doing that, especially for pokes that were already fully evolved. I count them, but I understand why people wouldn't.

Still, way cooler than Gen IV evolutions.