Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[35 / 4 / ?]

No.14332087 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
You know what guys, this just donned on me. Maybe pokemon doesn't cater to our demographic....

No, I don't mean that the games are for kids, but maybe this generation was meant to lure old school pokemon player that had stopped playing long ago, back into the series.

think about it. They use a smart marketing ploy to attract old school pokemon fans back into the series by rushing some shittily animated Gen I Pokemon Origin story. Then, gameplay wise you're randomly given the kanto starters.

All of my friends who I hardly bothered talking about pokemon with, are now asking me all sorts of questions about X/Y and the previous gens (basically Gens III-V). They are the type of people that will go on nostalgia trips about the damn game but as soon as you bring up a new game mechanic (like spatk/spdef) or accidentally mention a newer pokemon like Rayquaza, they herp and derp back to their cliche comments of; "only the first 151 count" and other generic variations of that sentence.

When my friends, (who are all in their late 20's) finally pic up this game, they're going to shit their pants at all the pokemon and the upgraded graphics. Pokemon like Scrafty and Zangoose and Garchomp may not be new to us, but for some "genwunner" that has never played past the GBC versions of gold and silver, these are all brand new pokemon.

So yeah, thats how I see it. They didn't make a lot of pokemon this gen because at this point they're not expecting people to have been following the series and playing every single game since 1998. To these returning players, there aren't just 70 new pokemon, but more like 500+ new pokemon.