Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[75 / 13 / ?]

10/28

No.14378397 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Now that the news is out there about Ishihara's announcement on the 28th, I feel safe posting this.

Pokken Fighters, a fighting game starring Pokemon, is set to release worldwide next Summer for Wii U and players who purchase a copy of the game will have the ability to transfer a Pikachu holding a special mega stone to their copy of Pokemon X/Y that will mega-evolve Pikachu into Mega Pikachu F.

Mega Pikachu F is Electric/Fighting and is the mascot of Pokken Fighters. His ability (and I say "HIS" because only male Pikachu can mega-evolve into Mega Pikachu F) is "Fighting Spirit" which doubles the power of Pikachu's fighting and electric type moves and grants him an immunity to both fighting AND electric type attacks. He also receives a boost in physical and special attack upon Mega Evolution.

Visually, Mega Pikachu F looks like a Pikachu cosplaying as a boxer (I wish this was a joke). His hands become wrapped in fighter's tape, he wear red boxing shorts and he gets a bandage on his left cheek. Otherwise, he looks like Pikachu.

While I am not positive that the game Ishihara was talking about on NHK's website is Pokken Fighters, I am assuming that this is the case based on the fact that he mentioned the game has been in development since summer (which is when the trademark was filed and we were internally alerted about the development of a Pokemon fighting game). His confirmation of a "change" to Pikachu also confirms to me that he is talking about Pokken Fighters and Mega Pikachu F.

Obviously, I cannot provide any real "proof" of my knowledge since I'm not at liberty to lose my job over this. I will say this however: X/Y leakers have not yet discovered Mega Salamence but I can assure you that Salamence mega-evolves in X/Y without the need for an event mega stone. Come October 12th, you'll see that I'm telling the truth.

I am requesting a screen capture. See you all on 10/28.