Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[19 / 3 / ?]

The origin of Fairy Poke and Real Fae

No.14417181 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
So.... /vp/.... I thought it might interest some of you to learn some things about "real" Faeries and the Fairy-type Pokemon, and how the real ones gave inspiration to the Pokemon.

I'm not trying to start any arguments of any sorts. I'm just giving, for lack of a better term, fun facts. Yes, this is simply for entertainment.

- The word "fairy" actually has its origins in France ( Coincidence? I think not).
- A common thing amongst Fae, and supposedly other supernatural beings, is the aversion towards iron and that they flee from it (hence the Fairy type's weakness to Steel)
- One myth suggests Fae are simply angels that came down to the Earth to watch over the planet. The angel part of the myth would denote the Fairy type's strength over Dark and Dragon types (both being considered "evil" by some standards).
- Fae usually appear as whatever they wish in most tales. Apart from sometimes appearing as humans, some fae appear as animals and some may appear as taking characteristics of elements, plants or inanimate objects. Faeries also apparently like sweets. (hence the Flabebe line, Swirlix line, and Snubull line)
- To talk about Carbink, we have to get slightly into the metaphysics of crystals. Crystals are believed to be "living things", albeit not by modern scientific standards. They are also believed to hold etheric properties and some supposedly have ties to Faery realms. Hence the Rock/Fairy typing.
- Since Faery are tied to nature, Poison is logical as a Pokemon weakness, as areas normally made toxic by some means are normally abandoned by Fae, unless the land were purified.
- As with most supernatural beings, Fae don't usually appear right before people's eyes. Most of the time, they come as a breeze or as a scent or a sensation in the body. (Scent, Hence Spritzee line)

Well, I hope this (kinda) was entertaining for some of you. Again, I'm not trying to start any debates, arguments, etc. here. This was simply for fun.

2 MORE DAYS!!