Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[30 / 10 / ?]

No.14487870 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
ITT: We post the nicknames for our teams and the reasoning behind them. After you post, comment on other nicknames posted in the thread.

Greninja - Azureus
Azureus is part of the scientific name for the blue poison dart frog.

Charizard - Charlie
It's a Charizard named Charlie. Speaks for itself.

Aegislash - Alastor
Aegis is the name of Zeus' shield, so it's rooted in Greek mythology. Alastor is Greek for avenging spirit, which is relevant since Aegislash is both a ghost type and a weapon.

Vivillon - Relevén
Combination of the words relevé and eleven. Relevé is french for lifted, which fits since it's a flying type, and Eleven since the Russian word for butterfly also translates to bow tie, which is worn by the eleventh doctor. This one is so related to language since Vivillon has forms based on geographic location.

Goodra - Iggy
Just seemed to fit. Any other convoluted name I tried to come up with just sounded cunty.

Zygarde - Grimn
First half of the Norse poem Grímnismál, which mentions the creature Zygarde was based on. Plus it basically says grim, which fits pretty well with the design of the pokemon.

Hawlucha - Esclave
Spanish word for slave, since this nigga will be my HM slave and sixth spot in my party until I get Zygarde. Also ironic since Hawlucha is based off of luchadores, who participate in lucha libre, which basically translates to free wrestling.