Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[45 / 14 / ?]

No.14550936 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
X and Y were complete failures.

The Pokemon designs have been skyrocketing downhill for the past 3 gens and Gamefreak's designs have become deviantart tier. Designs like Binacle, Doubledge and Klefki almost make me think Gamefreak is self aware and doing this on purpose. It's like they grabbed a random art student off of the streets and then got that art student's 12 year old kid to come up with and draw them. Megas are not only a stupid gimmick that screw over the balance of the game even more and ruined a lot of the older Pokemon since most of them are Rhyperior tier.

The lack of new Pokemon is probably one of the only good things about Gen VI but only "good" in the sense that being forcefed half a plate of shit is better than being fed a full plate. It still felt like a step back in every way but graphics but the mere fact that they were hyping finally moving to 3D graphics in 2013 shows what a joke of a developer GF is.

The AI is still just as godawful as it was in RBY which means the game is just as easy as ever, it still follows the same stale format of 8 gyms, evil team, elite 4, etc. but this time there isn't even a post game to carry it. And no, them "slaving away" to give us features like bench sitting and 3D graphics that look worse than many PS1 titles is not an excuse for them to release an unfinished game.

Only a completely ignorant drone could defend the Pokemon franchise and modern Nintendo in their present states and supporting them as they are is tantamount to supporting mediocrity which is never acceptable, whether as a consumer or as a human being. I returned my copy, sold my 3DS and will be purchasing a Vita instead and I advise those of you with sense to do the same. Otherwise you really are no different than Call of Duty fanboys.