Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[61 / 15 / ?]

Is it just me, or are shinies fucking everywhere now?

No.14568081 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I just got Y version yesterday, and I was really stoked. I've been playing since 1998 and this is, imo, the best gen in the series. I love absolutely everything about it, except the fucking annoying dynamic camera in the overworld.

Anyway, I'd been playing for three hours and I ran into a Pokemon with a sparkly star animation. I was like, holy shit, a shiny, but then I thought no, it can't be, maybe they just do this every time a Pokemon shows up and I just haven't noticed it til now (my brain has problems.) Then I looked up the sprites on the internet and, sure enough, it was indeed shiny (it was a Budew, the shiny one has a purple neck frill.) So I was like wow, my first legit shiny that wasn't the red Gyarados from gen 2 or a gameshark hack. I was ecstatic.

Six hours of gameplay later, I was looking for an Axew in the Connecting Cave and found one, and it was shiny too. So at this point, I stopped thinking I had gotten lucky with that Budew and realized that maybe they just lowered the shiny ratio by a metric fuckton.

So I'm wondering, has anybody else gotten a shiny (or two, or three...) already? Because if they made them this much more common I'll be a little sad. Not much, mind you, because shinies are still awesome, but... a little.