Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[39 / 2 / ?]

X/Y is best game 10/10

No.14606475 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
So, now that X/Y are out:
>Best Region
Gen 6, it has to be the largest region, if not one of the largest, and is full of exploration, you can tell GF at least tried to make it feel non-linear, and is packed with many interesting environments,
>Best Gameplay
Gen 6
>Best Soundtrack
Gen 6
>Best Pokemon
[UP FOR DEBATE]
>Best Story
Tie between Gen 4 and 6, both team Flare and Galactic had similar goals
>Best Graphics
Gen 6 is by far the nicest looking Pokemon game out there, yes, it has better aesthetics better than Gen 3
>Best Character Design
I liked Gen 6s tbh, when I saw the per-release scans I was sort of afraid, but they ended up looking alright in-game, but I'm going to have to go with Gen 4 as far as character designs go, Gen 6 is maybe a strong third, behind Gen 2s
>Best Mechanics
Mega Evolutions actually don't get in your way like I thought they would, so overall, Gen 6
>Best Pokedex
Gen 6 did not introduce nearly as many Pokemon as preceding gens did, however, they do make up for it by presenting an extremely wide variety throughout the region, capitalizing on the fact they do have over 700 monsters at their disposal, but this is also a problem, as it relies too heavily on older gen Pokemon to fill the Kalos dex, so I'll leave this up for debate
Overall, it is my favorite Gen, and it made me fall in love with Pokemon again for the first time in years
Any objections?