Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[58 / 5 / ?]

No.14817104 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
How to: Chain Pokemon

Last night an anon by the name of Chris ventured on to /vp/ claiming a guide on how to chain Pokemon, although he was still working out the quirks of Gen VI chaining he managed to get the basic's down. Here is Chris' original guide:

Heres some cliffnotes to gen6 chaining
>Buy Repels (50+)
>Find Field
>Activate Radar
>Listen for loud rustling, there are 3 different types
>Once you hear the loudest version of the rustle look for the fastest shaking grass as well
>Walk into it, Faint your pokemon
>Repeat

If you don't hear the loudest rustle upon activation, walk 50 steps and 'reset' your radar, you will need to do this mid chaining as well if you hear no loud rustle/see no fast shaking grass patch

I can also confirm that there is 4 different types of rustling:
Minimum Rustle - Grass barely shakes at all, low chance of finding a pokemon or no pokemon in it at all. (Avoid at all costs)

Low Rustle - Grass shakes a little bit, low chance of there being a pokemon. (Avoid at all costs)

Medium Rustle - Grass shakes moderately, i would say there's a 50/50 chance of it being the Pokemon your chaining. (Go for it if you like risks)

Maximum Rustle - Grass shakes ultra fast, there is a high chance that this is the Pokemon that your looking for. Always try and find this.

Although i don't know the specific's chaining can randomly end this has always happened after a battle. It has happened to me at least 4 times with max repels so be careful.

Also try and avoid resetting your radar as much as possible if you cant find a Maximum Rustle, if you reset it more than 3 times there is a higher chance of it ending your chain, so watch out.

(Pic related, my own success story)