Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[35 / 5 / ?]

Sorta new to poketmosters but not really sorta

No.14828364 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
So um. Hi.

This is the first thread I think I've ever made here.

I would have made one on /v/ but it seems like the mods there are getting bootyblasted about pokémon so I figured I'd ask here.

(btw why is /vp/ all the way near the end? Is moot trying to hide you guys or something? why not close to /v/ like the other sub /v/s?)

Pokémon is a series I've really wanted to just set down and really get into. But for whatever reason I've never really gotten to.

I have most of the games but the only one I've ever beat was soul silver.

I really like the world a premise of pokémon which is why I want to get into it so badly. Plus the cartoon was my favorite show when I was younger (I actually thought pokémon was a show that got turned into a game and not the other way around for the longest time before I started going on the internet a lot)

Anyway. I was wondering if x and y would be a good place to 'start' not really a start but the first I've really sat down and dug into.

I think one of the reasons I never could get into it was the grinding aspect. Does x and y make grinding less boring/make it were you don't have to?

Also what's the best way to memorize what type is affective to what? I know the basics but past fire water grass electric and ground I'm lost.

Also what are the differences between x and y?