Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[8 / 2 / ?]

No.14877511 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Pokemon Y is the best pokemon game I've played in years.

I fucking loved gen 5 and every generation before it, I'm a massive hoennfag too, but gen 6 seems like the best one yet, amazing polish, awesome new pokemon, beautiful changes to competitive that are nothing but positive in my eyes, some much needed buffs and nerfs (some of them very small, others very large)

Overall this is the best pokemon gen yet.

Except one thing.
This campaign is the worst fucking thing I've ever experienced. Now I know pokemon games were never about a good storyline or a challenging singleplayer experience, but that doesn't change the fact that this campaign is the most fucking braindead sequence of gameplay I've ever had the displeasure of suffering through. Call of duty has a less linear progression than this game.

It's been the same the entire way through.
Go to route.
Go to gym.
Fight flare.
Repeat.

Any attempt to do ANYTHING different results in the broken bridges getting brought out. Can't go this way! Power's out! Can't go this way! Durants! Can't do fucking shit. I don't mind a bit of this to keep the player from going too far ahead but jesus christ it's boring me to tears.

Again I wouldn't mind too much but the gyms have been the most uninspired shit I've ever seen. Every single one has been linear as fuck and each gym leader has been more of a pushover than the last. You can probably beat this entire game by pressing A repeatedly.

I'm not asking for much, I'd just like a tiny bit of freedom while I do the campaign and a tiny bit of engagement in each battle. I haven't done any grinding but I'm 10 levels ahead of literally every trainer.

The pokemon variety in this region is so good it m makes me want to replay with different teams but the fact is, the campaign is so mind numbingly terrible that I don't think I'll ever redo this game again.

Someone please tell me I'm wrong, I'm trying to find enjoyable parts in the campaign but I just can't.