Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[130 / 7 / ?]

No.14902733 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Okay listen up nigs.
As somebody who has never played pokemon since gen 1, I just have a few things to say about X and Y.

The game is just too fucking easy. No, I don't want to hear it. I don't want to hear "b-but pokemon games aren't designed to be difficult". Shut the fuck up if you're one of those people who think that. It would be absolutely fine if the games weren't "incredibly difficult". I can understand that much because of all the kids that play the games. However, having absolutely no difficulty at all, IN ANY GAME "is" boring. No matter how you try to deny it, that's how it is. A game needs some difficulty. The most memorable games for me when I was a kid, and even now are games that challenge me.

Pokemon is a game that could easily have some difficulty injected into it. The trainers, gym leaders, elite 4, and champion could all have pokemon teams that are put together intelligently, with good movesets. You could have that one gym that everybody gets stuck on and talks about.
There was nothing like that for me in X and Y. I got the exp share and turned it off immediately. I never grinded for levels. Not once, and I still had absolutely no problem getting through the game. Not once did I get even close to being stuck.
I found the first 3 Gyms to be decent, and then from then on the game just went full on easy mode. The other gyms came up within 20 minutes of each other after the long journey to get to each of the first 3 gyms. The gym leaders were a fucking pushover. I had a pidgeot on my team that sweeped the entire 4th gym by himself without ever getting hit.

I could go on about the difficulty but if I do then this post will never end.

If Pokemon games don't get harder (which I'm pretty sure they won't) then I'm probably not going to bother with any more of the games.

The games could also do with being a little less linear though that is a non factor compared to the difficulty issue