Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[10 / 2 / ?]

No.14916044 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I've got a question about HP and def. I'm training a Mawile with perfect def, sp. def, atk, and HP IVs. So I want to know what's the best secondary stat to put EVs towards(I've already maxed its atk EVs).
And this goes back to my first point, about how HP and defense works. When you take damage, how does it calculate everything? If I got hit by a physical move, and had put max HP EVs, would it do the same % of my life bar to me as if I had put max def EVs? If so, wouldn't it be best to pump them into HP, because then I would have the bonus even if I were hit by a special move? Or, if that's not the case, and pumping into def would be better for taking physical hits than pumping into HP, then I would have to decide between sp.def and def for which EVs I would like to spend for getting the maximum advantage. Although that would be less advantageous for when I got hit by a move of the other category(a special or physical move).
Sorry, I'm not exactly sure how to word all of this, but yeah, that's what I'm confused about. (obviously there's a difference between HP and def stats when dealing with moves like Pain Split and such, but I'm talking about just when hit by attacks and how much % of my life bar is lost.)