Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[15 / 5 / ?]

No.14939305 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
so now that the dust is settled

Where does the Pokemon series goes from here?

After several generations,hundreds of pokemon,dozens of trainers and various regions to explore and conquer.

Where do we go?

The way I see it is like this.

Pokemon Red,Blue,Yellow were basic cupcakes

Vanilla
Chocolate
Strawberry

Then Gold/Silver came along and added Vanilla and Chocolate frosting to those cupcakes.

Then Gen 3 came and added more toppings

And then Gen 4 came and added another layer,and so on and so forth

Today with X/Y it's a complicated situation.X/Y is a great game but I feel that the foundation that it's been building upon can only hold so much.With Mega Evolutions out and more tweaks to how you can grow your Pokemon and train them,I feel that at one point or another there will have to be a drastic change to the formula,possibly scrap it for an entirely different formula.

New methods of training
A different way to acquire gym badges or similar objectives
Nintendo finally embracing online like it should

I guess I feel that the little things are piling up and at one point or another it's all going to be too much.

There's nothing wrong complexity and a robust system when it's used correctly.But going back to the cupcake analogy I don't feel that a basic cake with frosting and piled with sprinkles and other toppings is the same as a complex dessert.

Where do we go from here? and what's the next logical step in the series? What's left for pokemon?

after 30 years Mario has been saving the princess in the mushroom kingdom,across time and space. But the presentation and polish is always at an acceptable level.There really hasn't been a terrible game in the main Mario series and Pokemon's the same.Every generation is solid,but Pokemon is a very cut and dry formula.I feel that it won't last forever