Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[94 / 7 / ?]

No.15081360 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I like gen 6. Granted, it's Dex is ridiculosuly small compared to previous gens, but it has likable pogeys overall, and you can get virtually every previous gen pogeys, so it's really cool.

But you know what somewhat bugs me about this gens dex? The dragon types. Why? Because they aren't actually dragons.

Dragalge? It's fucking seaweed turned into a beast, not a dragon. As much as I've always wanted a poison/dragon type, the theme of it is probably among the sillier ideas GF ever spewed. I do kinda like how it looks, but they should have kept it water/poison.

Tyrunt line? T-rexes. A t-rex is a dinosaur, which granted are reptiles, but not dragons. I know the criteria for being a dragon type isn't actually being a dragon (well, this gen made it obvious if nothing else), but rather having traits of a dragon, and it's nice to see a new fossil type combo. I also do like this one, I'm waiting for my own Tyrunt to evolve, but I wouldn't call it a dragon.

Goodra line? Even though Goodra is the one that shape-wise looks most like a dragon, it's still the one I'd least call a dragon. It starts as a fucking slug (why are the first two stages also dragon types?), and it takes the shape of a dragon. I know, bizarre evolutions is nothing new to GF (looking at you, Remoraid), but Goodra, at it's final stage, I would call a Barney snail rather than a dragon. Barbapapa is as much a dragon as Goodra.

Noivern line? A badass line, hard not to like them. Noivern could at least get a passing grade as a dragon, since it's name implies it's a bat/wyvern crossbreed, but I see it more as a bat than a dragon.

And finally, Zygarde. This definitely could pass off as a dragon, though it still looks more like a flattened flamboyant anaconda.

Anyone agree with me?