Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[2 / 1 / ?]

No.15219167 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Anyone else think that, outside if legendaries and the occasional special Pokemon (see: Rotom), formes are a really underused gimmick?

Formes can vary from a Pokemon just looking different to a Pokemon having formes that have drastically different types/stats. But outside of legendaries, why aren't they taking advantage of this concept/only slapping the idea on gimmick Pokemon?

Look at Wormadam. In concept, it has an awesome idea: It takes in stuff from its surroundings and changes its type based off of that. Unfortunately; it's not very strong and few people like the design.

Does that mean that GF should just not use that idea ever again? Hell no! Off the top of my head, here's an idea: slap that same concept on the next regional bug. Say it uses parts of its surrounding in its cocoon. Then allow a forme for when you're surfing, one for when you're in the obligatory ice area, and boom! You've got a butterfly with Bug/Grass, Bug/Ground, Bug/Steel, Bug/Water, and Bug/Ice formes!

There's just tons of potential in formes and that's just something I pulled out of my ass in two minutes. Likewise, the idea of branching evolutions is another underused idea and one I think should also be revisited someday - rather than just left in the hands of Eevee the glory hog.

What would you like to see done with formes? What about branching evolution?

Tell them to me, /vp/! Your ideas, your concepts!