Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[1 / 1 / ?]

No.15242306 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I know I'm late on the band wagon, but I beat X/Y last night. Is it alright to say that the little speech at the end during the credits along with [spoilers] Az getting his Pokemon back [/spoilers] made me tear up a little bit? Particularly the credits, I'm a broken idealist so seeing that really hurt the most. Not that I want to turn this into a bullshit feels thread, but, it really got me. I know it's cliche as all fuck, but it really got me.

I'll be honest, overall X/Y was really hit or miss with me, but despite that it really hit me right in the soft spots. I sort of just have my 3DS at sleep on the title screen wondering what in the world to do anymore with it. I know there's a bit of a post game, but, I haven't really heard much positive about it. I know there's the friend code safari zoning whoring around going on to catch Pokemon. I know the online scene is essentially in its wild west infancy before any solid meta is set, yet, I can't help but feel like it's over as is. I don't know if I really have the urge to continue, this is the game I bought a 3DS for, this is the experience that I decided was enough to set down the money to pick up a console I had ZERO interest in before.

I think part of me is just arguing with myself if it was worth it all in the end. Despite being piss poor easy, I really had more fun with X/Y than I've had fun with anything else in a long, long, long time. Nearing the end of it was similar to putting down a good book because you don't want it to finish.In fact, that's why it took so long for me to finish in the first place, I really didn't want it to be over. I'm glad I had the chance to play it, and I don't know whether to take it as a bittersweet it's 'over', for now or have hope for the future when a new version/game/generation comes out.

I don't know why I made this thread, or talked about all of this, but I suppose just a general reception/feelings about X/Y thread number infinity plus one.