Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[57 / 10 / ?]

No.16008878 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Dear /vp/oreons, have you truly realized how shitty Aurorus is? I mean, there's so much more to it than what you see by just quickly looking at it. Ok, here are the obvious ones:

>Six weaknesses, including double weaknesses to Steel and Fighting
Not only is this guy weak to both sides of EdgeQuake and Pebbles, it also has a double weakness to two most common priority moves (Bullet Punch and Mach Punch) and a normal weakness to Aqua Jet, another common priority move. This horrible typing and an awful 58 Speed means that Aurorus isn't viable even in NU.

>The abilities
This was one big fuck you to everyone out there. Refrigerate is an EXCELLENT ability but just to fuck with Aurorus even more, Game Freak made it a special attacker without any special moves. This guy would've loved Hyper Voice but now it's just a fucking joke. Not only that, but it was also given an awesome, previously exclusive, ability Snow Warning in the generation where weather was nerfed hard. It's not like the nerf matters though, you're not going to win weather wars with someone who's weak to Sneaky Stones.

>Jokes on you! It's great in inverted battles!
No it isn't. Inverted battles are "Normal: The Metagame" and Aurorus is weak to Normal under those conditions. What I find even funnier is that thanks to Refrigerate, Aurorus can't use Normal type moves itself!

>Bu-but it's good in Doubles, r-right?
Weak to Earthquake and Rock Slide AND Surf while taking neutral damage from Heat Wave. Into the fucking trash it goes.

I'm telling you, some guy at Game Freak had something personal against this thing so he thought about all the possible situations and made Aurorus shit everywhere. And I really mean EVERYWHERE. No matter how hard you try, no matter what kind of an environment you put this thing in, no matter what kind of gimmicks your try to come up with, Aurorus is always shit in it's truest form. Aurorus is absolute garbage and has no redeeming qualities anywhere.