Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[37 / 5 / ?]

No.16099988 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Aside from some of that "hurr durr Smogon fag" crap, what do you guys think of competitive battling overall? /vp/ seems like a fairly sensible board so I don't think this will lead to shitposting

I only ever played on simulators in Gen V and never really liked it. I never got into simply picking Pokemon, giving them max EVs and IVs instantly, throwing on moves they could only learn through import from Gen III, and tossing perfect Hidden Power on some Pokemon that could benefit from it. Simply creating such ungodly perfect Pokemon with no time or effort at all kind of took the fun out of it for me. I guess I enjoy raising Pokemon to battle more so than simply battling in and of itself.

I don't think competitive is bad though, or that Smogon is the worst thing ever. I like how the tiers try to balance things out and the rules try to eliminate hax as best they can. The only time this gets annoying is when Smogon rules are "enforced" on random wifi by the opponent disconnecting immediately when he discovers your Octillery has Moody, or you use minimize. Smogon's house rules are fine and are arguably pretty fair, but don't expect them to be respected outside of Showdown and rage when they aren't...

What do you guys think of competitive battling though? Did anyone else try it out and not really like it?

inb4 casual fag