Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[44 / 3 / ?]

No.16719617 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
So, it's been a few years since I last played pokemon, but after purchasing X and Y for the 3DS I recently decided to get into more serious gaming on Showdown.

Man, is this game a pile of unbalanced shit.

Every battle, I find myself randomly freezing to some ice fang which happens to land that 10% freeze chance on one of my sweepers, rendering it fucking useless for the rest of the match. What place does that random, hax shit have in a competitive environment? Stealth rock makes certain pokemon literally fucking useless. Pokemon with ridiculously good abilities like Talonflame or Mega-Kanghaskhan require a dedicated counter on every team unless you want them to shit all over your pokemon. The power gap between high tiers and low tiers is unfathomable and pokemon with otherwise interesting and engaging movesets or abilities like whimsicott and zoroark are just unusable with all the legendary-dependent smogonfags running around.

Not to mention, it just gets boring. Every match is the same shit. The fact that each pokemon is only limited to four moves takes away any depth or strategy to the game and just turns it into a battle of what's the most powerful sweeper versus what's the most sturdy wall.

This game is dry as all hell, and I only come here to ask, why do you continue to play it?