Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[20 / 5 / ?]

Pokemon X and Y is the Mass Effect 3 of the franchise.

No.16923890 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Let's recap:

- A rushed storyline with plotholes so big you could drive a semi through them. Remember how wall-banging ME3's storyline was, especially the part about the Catalyst? Apply that to the climax of XY and you'd probably say the same thing, because it's just as cringe-inducing, rushed, and nonsensical.
- Monetization and pandering out the ass. Pokebank being a paying service which is already showing us it's not worth even paying the measly price is getting us in a fucking horrible direction to begin with, but that's far from all. Megas for already popular shit that shatter the metagame, all the genwunner pandering, the Fairy-type that doesn't balance shit and is competitively useless and is only meant to pander to little girls and the filth that bronies comprise. You'll notice the eerie similarities to the have-sex-with-everything-that-moves shit of ME3 that actual fucking gameplay and the far superior storyline of ME1 and (to lesser extent) 2 was relegated to, and the day one DLC and the boatloads of merchantry for shit that was already available in the game. (Where is the transporter here, and why couldn't you make the DS and 3DS communicate...?)
- Casualisation. This was one of the major complaints of ME3 in that it neutered the gameplay elements for pandering horseshit. Hey does that sound familiar? No, it sure doesn't. Pokemon wouldn't do shit like overlevel you 5 minutes into the game!!
- A game supported by a dying company that's supported by merchantry. Nintendo are quickly shaping up to be the Activision of Japan, as evidenced from the recent Pokebank scandal and all the paid DLC that they're growing to love so much *COUGHPMDCOUGHFIREEMBLEM*. In retrospect, they have to resort to dirty tricks like this because of how horrible their fall from grace is (wii u kek).