Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[78 / 4 / ?]

No.16963814 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hey! Let's talk about the Assault Vest.

As you may know, the assault vest is an item that gives an immediate +1 Sp Def boost to whichever pokemon that holds it, but in exchange that pokemon can only use damaging moves.

Now that the pokebank has been (sort of) released, I figure now is the perfect time to start formulating new strategies for this thing. I mean, hell, there are some crazy things we can do with an item like this. How about Assault Vest imposter Ditto, huh?

Assault Vest seems to work best on Pokemon that:
> Have at least a decent base Sp Def stat to boost
> Have a good movepool of offensive attacks, ideally ones which include good secondary effects (U-turn, Scald, Infestation, Discharge, etc)
> Have some means of recovery without the use of status moves or items (Giga Drain, Draining Kiss, Regenerator, Wish support, etc)
> Have a good Atk or Sp Atk stat with which to damage the enemy.

I've been needing a good special sponge for my team, and rather than settle on something boring like Blissey (my team already has Quagsire as a toxic staller anyways), I thought I would start theorycrafting some effective pokemon for it.

I'll start off the thread with something I saw that completely devastated my team in ranked wifi: Eelektross

Eelektross @ Assault Vest
252 Sp Atk/ 252 HP
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Modest
- Thunder Bolt
- Giga Drain
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam

This guy's coverage is completely insane. My team needs fire-type coverage, so the fact that he gets access to flamethrower AND boltbeam, something that lots of special sweepers can't do is perfect for me. The only thing that can hit him for super effective damage is a mold-breaker ground-type move.