Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[8 / 1 / ?]

No.17268792 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I haven't owned a physical copy of a pokemon game since gen II, and I'm completely new to competitive battling. Since I got pokemon Y I might as well try to battle seriously, but I really don't know how to build my team. I know about breeding, IV's, and EV-training and I am breeding my first team member, which will be Flygon.

Now, Slowbro is another pokemon I am most likely going to use, but I don't really know where to go from here. He will be a physical wall, Flygon will be some kind of a scout with U-turn, maybe defog, and two damaging moves.

I thought I'd use either Gengar or Chandelure as a special sweeper, Klefki as a lead, and Goodra as a special wall. This leaves me with one team spot, and Arcanine would be a nice choice, but then I'd waste my mega slot. I also thought of Mega Banette as a lead so I could use Arcanine.

Could you guys give me some advice? I know this team would get wrecked against any decent battler, but gaining some experience from online battling is most important for me. I can always learn from my mistakes and modify my team afterwards, but having a halfway decent team from the start would be helpful too.