Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[16 / 2 / ?]

No.17487956 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
How can the battle mechanics regarding Speed changes be so fucking outdated? Who came up with that shit? You all know what I'm talking about:

>Pokemon Mega Evolves and its Speed raises above the opponent's
>Opponent goes first because your Pokemon uses its old Speed for the first turn

Or:

>In a double battles, you have Charizard and a Chlorophyll Pokemon
>Charizard Mega evolves to Y, triggers sun
>Opponent attacks before your Chlorophyll Mon in the first turn even though sun is up

I encountered this crap for the first time in Gen V when I was playing PWT Triple Battles with a sand team and I though it was some kind of a fucking glitch:

>Beginning of turn 1, Tyranitar triggers sun
>At the end of turn 1, opposing Victreebel uses Sunny Day
>Beginning of turn 2, I switch Hippowdon in and change the weather back to sandstorm
>Victreebel goes before my Excadrill even though sandstorm is up

I mean, the game is like: "Yeah, I'm going to decide the order in which things happen based on the current events and whatever happens after that isn't going to change my mind so fuck you". This results in absolutely retarded situation like the ones posted above where slower Pokemon attack first and Chlorophyll is active in sandstorm or rain. Is it really that hard to fix? I'm quite sure that this is not how things are supposed to work so why isn't it fixed? These bad mechanics can screw up Mega and weather dependent strategies at a crucial moment and thus result in a loss that shouldn't have happened. Anyone else pissed of by this crap?