Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[152 / 28 / ?]

No.17983576 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Why is the majority of /vp/ such butthurt meanies?
Seriously i see people come to this board asking for advice, or looking to get in the competitive breeding scene and you guys treat them like absolute shit. And most of the time if i see someone actually give another advice it comes with a " are you that fucking stupid?"
or my favorite "why dont you do some fucking research before shitting up the place" and usually the questions are easily searchable.
You think you guys would want to help and get more people into the pokemon scene but you treat it like this club that only the most socially inept people agressive autists that devote their entire time and intellect to a kids game can join.
I mean i saw a kid ask why his DK did not transfer the correct IV's from one of the parents and unknown to him it transfers 5 randomly from both parents. Instead of a simple correction he was scolded by multiple persons on the board and is currently defending his intelligence by shitposting now. when all that was needed was a friendly "her man, it takes them from both parents"
what the fuck are you guys doing? was it really necessary? Not everyone knows about bulbapedia/smogon/serebii. or for the fact of the matter, hidden abilities of certain in game items for breeding.
Is this really where we are leading this board and game into? Another /v/ like hivemind of low bashing people for not knowing somehting?
Fuck if you arent going to be nice to the noobs dont say anything at all. They may really want to get back into it but meeting toxic people like that might kill a players spirit early that could be a good friend/ trainer in the future.
TLDR: We need to welcome new trainers, not make fun of them or give them advice with a negative connotation. It's killing this boards integrity and giving the metagame a bad name.