Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[32 / 4 / ?]

No.18321518 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I'm about 5 hours into Pokemon Y. I've played every main series game except B2/W2

Ever since Pokemon Stadium, I always yearned for a fully 3D Pokemon adventure; one that isn't confined to grid movement, one with 3D modeled Pokemon, maybe on a console such as Gamecube. But it never came. Until now.

And now I'm not sure it's what I want. I played Black immediately before I started Y (so I could poketransfer my whole game into 3D), and it really reinvigorated my love for the series. I loved seeing new Pokemon again and catching them like the old days. I finished the Elite 4, caught Kyurem, poketransfered everything, skipped the postgame, and began playing Y. Now I think I might just go back and finish Black.

Y is...just not what I was expecting. Or maybe it is and I wasn't expecting to find that it isn't what I want. I love the 2D art for all the pokemon, and nothing makes me want to catch them all more than collecting all their sprites. I've found that in Y I don't really want to catch any pokemon, and I really only do it to complete my team. Nothing jumps out at me as a cool Pokemon, or cool artwork. I know I must be crazy, but does anyone else feel this way? Will I get used to it, or do others miss the 2D sprites as well...?

tl;dr I thought I wanted a 3D Pokemon game but now that I have it, I'm not sure it's as good as 2D