Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[37 / 6 / ?]

No.18338272 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
GameFreak is horrible at making good Pokemon.

There are a huge number of Pokemon that are missing moves or abilities that they either need or would benefit from greatly. Everyone dislikes it. I challenge you to name a single person who thinks that everything is fine with what it has.

It's like they have no concept of balance. Garchomp is a major threat, right? A Fairy that outspeeds it would make sense, say Mega Gardevoir with base 105 Speed.

Ooh, no no. That'd be too powerful.

Or Diancie. It's a defensive Pokemon, so it needs recovery. What does it get? No Recover. No Regenerator. Not even fucking Draining Kiss.

Just imagine how much Moonlight Sylveon would break the game. The horror!

How about all of those new Pokemon with Shed Skin, Natural Cure ect. We have all of these amazing abilities that'd benefit lots of mons and make the game varied and interesting!

Or how about all of those physically defensive Fairy types? Dragons like Garchomp and Dragonite are much more balanced now... oh wait.

I could go on forever. The point is, why are GF so stingy? Why do they insist upon balancing/nerfing new mons by gimping them so heavily? I understand that Gen 6 is much more defensively inclined than Gen 5, and that there were several nerfs to offense, but these mainly focused on the special side. Physical attackers are just as strong as ever, and with stuff like Mega Pinsir and Charizard running around, we need defensive mons to deal with them.

But we don't get them. Instead, we get Mega Aggron, who needs Wish support. Is anyone else sick of thinking "This mon would be so much better if it had..."

Maybe it's a marketing thing. The games are easier and more fun if you can mow down everything with hyper offense, rather than having to deal with annoying tanks and walls. Maybe Regenerator Diancie wouldn't be as good in doubles, the only format GF cares about.

So what do you think? What would the game be like if Chesnaught had Drain Punch, and Cresselia were a Fairy?