Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
!!wckf296ZrmJ
[128 / 11 / ?]

XY Cutting Room Floor Information

!!wckf296ZrmJ No.18355410 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hi, call me XYSider, and I've come today with some interesting information regarding development content of Pokemon X&Y I've gathered from sources within GameFreak, some currently working their, some former members who went on to other projects after XY, planned content and elements for XY early-on that were cut due to time constraints, or dropped for other reasons. This information mainly pertains plot elements, and original character designs, that never materialized and probably will never resurface in future installments, and it varies from elements that were merely drafted out on paper, to some elements that actually made it into the game for a bit before being cut. This information has been obtained through second-hand sources by me and thus may not be entirely accurate and more along the lines of speculation of what could-have-been, but is an interesting read for those of you interested in behind-the-scenes info.

First off, I'll state that, as many people have suggested, XY did indeed suffer from being rushed, although the amount of New Pokemon was not actually part of this. It was decided early on, due to the focus on creating 3D models and the amount of New Pokemon added a few years before in BW, that XY would have a small amount of Pokemon. Instead, mainly the rush to have the game out in 2013 was at the loss of much of the game's planned plot elements, which is why the final version feels so fragmented. Furthermore, quite a few areas that were planned were also cut. There were also numerous gameplay features planned and then dropped, but information on those are more tight-lipped since they may be used in future games, so I can't say much about gameplay elements. Anyway, here's basically a list of cut content I've learned about, starting with plot, then characters, then Pokemon themselves.