Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[27 / 2 / ?]

Fun non-151 Pokemon?

No.18688910 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hi /vp/, old guy here.

The last time I played Pokemon was Blue, which I tried out when my son left for college and left his gameboy behind. He said he didn't want it, so I used to play it before bed. My wife got me a 3DS for my birthday, and she got me X since she remembered me playing my son's copy of Blue.

There are so many new Pokemon!. When I played Blue, I used Squirtle, Arbok, Dragonite, Kadabra, Haunter, and Pidgeot.

So I had Water, Poison, Dragon, Psychic, Ghost, and Flying.

This time around, I want to use totally different types, and I want it to be all new Pokemon. The problem is that with so many new Pokemon, I can't really differentiate between which ones are good and which ones are crap.

I caught a Ledyba because I wanted a fun Bug, but it just felt underpowered, even when it evolved. Are there any good Bug pokemon? What about Steel (I traded for a Steelix, but it felt like it did no damage)? I've only found a handful of Electric so far as well. Are Fairy types any good or are they just a gimmick?

I'm up to the lost hotel, so I've found a pretty decent collection so far. I'm just not sure if any of them are any good.