Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[50 / 4 / ?]

ITT: Think of ideas for new gameplay features.

No.18710188 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Post ideas that you'd like to see in upcoming games, whether they're ones to the core mechanics, aesthetics or other changes, or anything at all.

What if we had Pokemon that really felt like bosses to fight? I know regular Legendaries are supposed to be this, but even they're pretty easy to overcome nowadays. Why not have Legendaries (or even regular Pokemon) that are tougher to subdue and have turn conditions?

Like, let's say you can catch a Regigigas in an upcoming game. Except this time it's been awake for quite a while and is no longer slowed down, and is going on a rampage. It would have the ability Sheer Force and its Attack would be raised by two stages at the start of the battle. And then if you catch it within a certain amount of turns, it'll have the Sheer Force ability. If not, it'll have Slow Start as it usually does.

Another idea: scripted Horde Encounters. I've always thought about what it'd be like for your Pokemon to go up against several at a time. Maybe there's a stampede of Tauros and Bouffalant causing a ruckus somewhere, and you have to calm them all down. It'd be an overwhelming battle. It would start off as a regular Horde Encounter, with your one Pokemon against five, but after you clear those five, five more immediately enter the field (or I guess the moment you defeat one, another one takes its place) until all thirty are defeated. Maybe you could catch them all, and the restriction on catching Pokemon when there's more than one wild Pokemon on the field would be lifted.

Just some things I've been thinking about. What ideas do you have?