Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[14 / 2 / ?]

Casual EV Training

No.19268285 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I have a very casual question for the very not-casuals here.

I'm taking another go at White (bought it when it was new, got busy and bored like two gyms in). I'm fairly aware of EV training, but have never really bothered with it.

Now, on this play through, I'm planning on doing a small amount of EV training as I go through the story mode. Essentially I'm not trying to build an awesome competitive team, I'm just trying to make the team I put together for the game a touch stronger than they would be if I just went through randomly and matching types to call it a day.

My plan is when I think a battle is winnable this way, to check the EV reward of what I'm fighting, and throw the Pokemon I have who would most benefit from that value in to the fight. In randoms if I have nothing to gain from that value at the time, I'll just run (or catch, obviously).

Before I get too much farther, though, I need to make sure this is even worth the small extra time to check values or create slightly tougher fights on occasion. Will my pokemon actually be stronger for this approach, or will they be leveling up so fast or will it be so hard for me to line up that it's not going to work? Or is there something else I'm missing?

Thank you very much for your time.