Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[180 / 17 / ?]

/vp/ tier and rules discussion

No.19328352 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Sup /vp/

I know Smogon and PokeShowdown are full of shit with how the list things or post banlists, but what's your opinions? Maybe we need to make our own /vp/ tier sets to counter the autism.

And let's start with a minor rule clause about Legendary Pokemon. Legendary Pokemon are not allowed on a team on the grounds that there can only be one (in a realistic sense) and therefore no one player/trainer/whatever can use it over another in all fairness. It's how the game itself functions, so it should extend to how we conduct our own battles, as well.

Let's also agree that Pokemon should not be banned on the grounds that they specifically are too strong with a specific move set or set up, as that opens the floor for far too much semantic discussion.

Example, Speed Boost Baton Pass Ninjask is not banned/listed higher, yet Speed Boost Blaziken is in Ubers, even though a setup Ninjask can literally give Blaziken the set up and just let him sweep; This is no different because the counter for this strategy is the same. You have to try and priority move the pokemon (since his speed is untouchable) or bulk it out and force a switch. Or however you deal with it, my point is there isn't a difference; If a Pokemon is strong because of one trait or ability, it should not be punished for it.

I should also think we balance our tiers based on BST rather than performance under ideal circumstances, or at least have separate tiers for stat values.

Example, something with say 100 Attack, will be C tier, while something with 150 or 200 would be B or A tier. Abilities such as Huge Power could serve as the clause that defines where a Pokemon sits. Like Mega Mawile, at 105 Attack would be C/B tier, it gets Huge Power, which pushes it into A/S tier. Granted this is acting on BST not the attack value itself, so there's some wiggle room, and this is just a rough outline of my idea.