Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
!mx9tXnFtqk
[20 / 4 / ?]

Mega Lucario Banned - Smogon Has No Idea What They're Doing

!mx9tXnFtqk No.19602910 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
For quite some time, I've had multiple issues with Smogon, and while I haven't been that outspoken about it, don't be deceived. I'm not a huge fan them. For those of you who may not know, Smogon is an online community dedicated to competitive Pokemon that has been around since the Gen III days. I think their existence in and of itself is fine, as back then, there wasn't really a true official competitive community set in place by The Pokemon Company, and the one that DOES exist now (the VGC) can be off-putting with it only allowing Pokemon capable of being obtained within the games current generation, excluding Legendaries.

Over time, though, I feel they've made some very questionable decisions regarding their rules and regulations. Time and time again, they've taken the official metagame set in place by the Battle Frontier in Emerald and morphed it into a restrictive, casual-friendly environment that ultimately goes against what the creators intended. Most of the decisions they've made that I've taken up issue with have been in the form of bans, the likes of which in this gen have been Blaziken/Mega Blaziken, Mega Kangaskhan, and Mega Gengar. As of now, Mega Lucario has been banned alongside of Genesect being re-banned.

This marks them, once again, going too far. Mega Lucario isn't broken. At all. Yet they've banned him anyway. If you're wondering why, don't worry, because it's arguably the most questionable decision they've ever made. But what exactly led to this ban? I think I can pinpoint the cause.