Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[9 / 4 / ?]

Smogon Bans Swagger -- Seriously???

No.19631771 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
So after weeks of suspect testing the move Swagger (for reasons Arceus knows why), Smogon has reached the decision to ban it. Yes, you read that right. The move that's existed since Generation III and has never even been CONSIDERED ban-worthy before has all of a sudden been deemed OP.

...This is unbelievable. This is truly unbelievable. I've seen numerous white knights of Smogon (aka the Smorons) claim that it's because of the Ability Prankster, but according to Smogon, Swagger is "uncompetitive on Pokemon even without Prankster." Oh, really? If that's the case, then why did it take until the sixth generation for you to come to that conclusion? No. No, this doesn't have anything to do with being "uncompetitive". This has to do with Smogon not being able to deal with mild annoyances. This is the ultimate proof of what I've said multiple times about them: they're a casually competitive community that hilariously thinks they know better than the creators of the metagame. Seriously, if Swagger has ban-worthy, then I have no idea how Pokemon like Klefki and Sableye are still around in OU.

What's next, Smogon, banning Flatter? Or how about straight-up banning confusion-inducing moves all together? Seems like the next illogical step you'd take.