Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[87 / 6 / ?]

All-new mechanics

No.19721209 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Let's face it: pokèmon is formulaic, albeit it's a working formula apparently. When we think of what we would like to see next gen we hardly propose anything truly gamebreaking.

These thread is for dreamers. I admit I'm starting it because I'd like to hear your opinion about my take on a new mechanic, but feel free to share your ideas (after having called me a faggot at least twice of course).

So, there's now a huge amount of pokèmon, right? And I was delighted at seeing so many different species in the wild in X&Y. But what kinda puts me down is the outdated random encounters mechanic.

Now, I'm not proposing an open world with 3d models of each species in the wild, going about their lives, hunting others species or hiding from preadators... man that would be rad... but wouldn't it be cool if there were multiple ways to hunt pokèmon?

Remember splashing honey on trees? But what about baits or traps? Some species could be even forced to leave their hiding place with fire or smoke... by a fire-type pokèmon in your team! Of course some others would just aggresively fight you, especially if their offspring is endangered: picture meeting a lonely Aron in a cavern and trying to catch it, only for her big momma Aggron to come slap your shit!

Now, beside the facts mechanics like this won't see the light any time soon, I understand I may be a little over myself in another aspect: putting forests on fire? Stealing children from their mothers? That's hardly educational. But here's why my pic is related: be a goody two-shoes, and you'll have to wait to get some rare pokèmon (of course they'll be easier to find post-game or something, we can't force children to behave like that just to get their hands over their favorites); fuck with nature too many times, and you'll meet the wrath of the ranger, trying to stop you with increasingly difficult battles, forcing you to release all "illegal" pokèmon and paying a conspicous fine.
(cont.)