Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[18 / 6 / ?]

B/W Mod - Help Wanted!

!hvwmqLQbyc No.20093501 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Greetings, gentlefolk of /vp/. Creator of a B/W hack-in-progress here, seeking people willing to volunteer a bit of their time working on a mod that's difficulty and witty dialogue will breathe some fresh air into the B/W playthrough experience.

What the mod has:

- Custom NPC trainer classes. Hippies, Hipsters, pyromaniacs and more.

- Witty dialogue. When I first started this project, before my hiatus, I tapped the collective wit and wisdom of /vp/ to come up with some real gems.

- Enhanced difficulty. Higher leveled opponents with better movesets. No in-battle revives. Not impossible by any means, but not for the faint of heart.

- Stat/type changes with appropriate aesthetic redesigns. Druddigon is now a Dragon/Rock pokemon with granite-gray skin and stats on par with Haxorus.

- New item locations. You get the bike and key TMs waaay earlier, and Clyde the Guide gives you stuff like Coba Berries before Skyla or Air Balloons before Clay.

- All non-legendary pokemon obtainable pre-E4.

That about sums it up. Now what I'm looking for:

- Spriters. For custom trainer classes and redesigned pokemon appearances. If you can make me a custom close-up Mugshot, I'll name a trainer after you, and let you pick the team.

- Writers. Hopefully we'll get some great pre/post-battle one-liners in this thread, but if you're interested in something more extensive (currently working on making Burgh flamingly fabulous, for example), we can get in touch.

- Playtesters. I can upload the ROM to mediafire, and feedback on the increased difficulty is very important. My goal is that every boss fight shouldn't be won on the first attempt, but shouldn't take more than 3 or 4 tries, either. Help me reach that goal. Extensive write-ups required.

If any of that sounds appealing to you, my email's in my namefield. I'll be here to answer questions, take suggestions for dialogue and stat/type changes, and deal with whatever else pops up.