Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[47 / 6 / ?]

No.20403768 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
>Aegislash banned to ubers
>Mega Hera, Mega Cham and Mega Garde all rise in usage
>GF releases another batch of physically oriented megas to tear OU a new asshole
Don't you guys think that we might be needing a few defensive megas here? What do we have other than Mega Venu and Mega Aggron? I mean, other choices might run some defensive sets (WoW Zard X, Defogger Scizor, RestTalk Gyra), but they're primarily offensive mons.

Shouldn't we be getting stuff like Mega Cofagrigus/Dusknoir/somebulkyghost to help surviving this kind of onslaught? Hell, walls like Hippo/Skarm/Quagsire would certainly appreciate having megas and slightly improved movepools to give defense a chance. And some overlooked mons like Mantine would find niches countering threats that they couldn't before.

I mean, I understand that GF doesn't give a shit about smogon and its metagames, but this is not a phenomenon restricted to it, they can see what happens to the game through VGC. I'm happy that they're giving some mediocre mons a fighting chance, but I feel that they're not counterbalancing it much and that they're making playing defense a daunting task. I don't wanna whine, I just wish that we could have more options because I believe we're starting to run a bit short of them. Huge Power/Pure Power in everything hurts like balls.