Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[307 / 16 / ?]

Gimmicks General!

No.20451697 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Sure, they won't get you extremely high in showdown ranking, sure they usually are outclassed by standard builds/better pokemon. But it sure is fun to surprise unprepared opponent with something fresh, it sure is fun to come up with non-kosher uses of your favourite pokemon.

What to post: fun builds, new ways tu use forgotten pokemon, things that actually can be useful [of course we're not expecting tearing apart OU teams, just something that is not dead-weight on your team]

What not to post: things like 'it totally can sweep after Baton Pass'; things that are just way to gimmicky ['if you can get Sap Sipper to activate and set up 2 turns you can probably get the kill with crit'], things well known like Focus Kingdra, Giga Nigga or Funbro.

So let's begin!

Houndoom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 Def
- Counter
- Destiny Bond
- Sucker Punch
- Flamethrower

This build is actually quite good - while enemy expects a Mega [special sweeper] and focuses on shuting it down quickly - you just SashCounter his Talonflame/Conkeldurr/Whatever right to the ground. After that, if opponent uses something without priority and slower than 317- boom, second one down with Destiny Bond. Or at least you can go down with doing some harm with STAB Sucker Punch.

Pros
-you can switch in into fire safely
-very surprising set
-it's quite simple to use

Cons
-it requires some prediction [but most things do]
-while [if played correctly] you can be almost sure to get Counter kill, Destiny Bond is a bit harder to utilise in Priority: the Metagame
-breeding that is a bitch

You can dump remaining EVs into attack to maximise your sucker punch.

later on i'll add my Alomomola build here {if thread gets attention}, i'm also working on gimmicky Weavile/spoiler]