Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[155 / 16 / ?]

Smogon Mega Bans - Slippery Slope?

No.20477234 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
So, I've been following the recent topic concerning the banning of Mega Mawile. As it stands, Mega Blaziken, Gengar, Kangaskhan, and Lucario have already been banned due to being deemed broken for the meta game. Now, it looks like it's Mega Mawile's turn, which, in my opinion, is quite a stupid ban. But that's besides the point.

If they keep on banning Mega's, my fear is that it will only continue. If Mega Mawile is banned from OU, that's going to leave the next Mega that is now "broken" since it lacks another counter. Then that will be banned, and so forth and so on. My ultimate fear is that we're going to see a game where all of the Mega's are eventually banned, defeating the purpose of their creation.

What are y'alls thoughts on this? I know that not everyone plays by Smogon's rules, and in the VCG itself I often just use what I want. But I really enjoy playing on PS when I'm not busy/bored, and I just feel the banning of M-Maw is something that is un-warranted. I use him quite a lot on my team and he's so easily countered I find it pathetic. Talonflame, one of the most OU Pokemon there is, just flat destroys him and yet we're still seeing a ban? I just don't follow the logic here.